Friday, March 20, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 9

I keep writing this every time I do a Famous Last Words post, but I think my best writing for the week came from my Bible Women Storybook. This week, I revised my second story, and when I read back through it, I was super proud of my writing! I had a few corrections to make, but overall, the story flowed well from top to bottom, and it fit seamlessly with my overall theme.

When I want to get into the writer’s groove, I usually try to write all of my thoughts down, not worrying about the grammar or correct formatting. This way, I can let my mind breathe and rest from the anxiety of looking at a blank page. Once I get on a roll, I keep writing until I see an ending point. After I complete all of my thoughts on a Word document, I read back through the story to correct the spelling mistakes, complete confusing sentences or omit empty thoughts. I want to start looking for images on Pinterest instead of just Google Images because I like it when I can find paintings of the objects or people.


I went to Cancun, Mexico this week for spring break, which was so much fun! I went with three of my girlfriends that I used to live with when I lived in Oklahoma. Since I am graduating in May and getting married in June, I wanted to have one last trip taking advantage of my spring break. When we were there, we had a lot of great conversation and most of it was about the books we were reading. I decided to re-read The Screwtape Letters because the first time I read it I only reached the half way point before I switched to a new book. It was full of so many intelligent and convicting thoughts. It opened my eyes to the ways I can be tricked into thinking I am being righteous when really I am being a hypocrite.



1 comment:

  1. Brooke- I really like your mode of writing. I also just let my thoughts flow and do not concentrate on getting the grammar and the spelling just right. I read through it, out loud, when I am finished and make any corrections that I see are needed. If I have the time I will even leave it untouched after the first edit for one to two days and then go back and do another read through. I have found that this really helps me catch more mistakes and perfect my writing.

    ReplyDelete