Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Writing Review Post

Before I started journeying through my old storytelling posts, I knew where my most successful writing was located. My storybook writings have been my most creative, concise and purposeful stories. Even though there are only two, I see the cohesiveness already forming. The writing style I chose helps the stories seamlessly flow together. By having God narrate the whole storybook and randomly, but purposefully, input his opinions throughout the stories, the compilations become unified.

One writing goal I have for myself is pushing the limits on my traditional predisposition. I have already tried to put personality into my writings, but I think I get timid when trying something new because I fear sounding dumb.


I chose to include this picture because it was the image I used for my first storytelling post, The Mean Bully and the Child. By reading that post and comparing it to my more recent storytelling posts, I see the improvement.  

By looking at other people’s writings, I have been inspired. There are a few students that have a knack for storytelling, so I seek to mimic their styles and use of their principle of meaningful vocabulary.


When I start to write a story, I have entered the hardest part. I hate the beginning when you are just staring at a blank sheet of digital paper. After I get an idea down though, it is so much more fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment