Sunday, February 22, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 6

I just finished reading a creative story that taught me the lesson of reading the whole story through before providing the author with comments. One of the stories I read was from a girl in the class who wrote about a personified field named Okay. I was immediately so confused why she would name the field such an odd name, but the last paragraph of the story summed it all up and provided solace to my confusion. I was very impressed by the thought process the author went through to create such a colorful story for her portfolio.  


My other classes have been a little stressful, but this week hasn’t been too bad. I had one test, which was not too hard. Also, I had a project that required me to discuss some questions with a partner in the class. It is an online class, which makes it difficult to get to know your classmates, but this allowed us to learn more about at least one other person in the class.

My favorite writing this week was my storytelling assignment about the moon. The story was originally from the Nigerian Folklore unit so it had a foreign flare to it by talking about bush people. The moon was an abnormal character because it talked and was made of meat. Normally, I think of the moon being made of cheese if it is to be made of any edible substance.

This week, I was convicted about perpetuating classism, so the good Lord helped me work on that. I was at my home group, and we decided to go to Denny’s for a late night dinner on Wednesday. There was a homeless man sitting in the lobby area when we arrived, so we invited him to eat with us. It was a pretty odd experience, but it helped me understand how to treat people fairly.


So, I urge you all to try something new and out of your comfort zone that blesses someone. It helps you re-organize your priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment