Friday, February 6, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 4

This week has been pretty great concerning my work, classes and my personal life! To start off, I will tell you about work at Serve Denton. I’ve only been working 10 hours a week because of their funds. Due to additional work they need done though, they are now letting me work 12 hours a week. Not that that is much of a jump, but it still means I get to do more design work and get paid to do it.





With school, I had my first online test this week for my Introduction to Marketing class. I made a 100%, so I was very excited about that! I’ve noticed when some of my classes start picking up, the other ones slow down, which is great news for me. I guess my teachers are catering their schedules to mine!

In this Mythology and Folklore class specifically, I have really enjoyed writing the Storytelling blog posts because I get to truly test my brain’s creativity. My best work for this class is probably my Introduction for my final Storybook project. I wrote it from the perspective of God. With God being a common character in all of the original stories, I thought it would be an easy transition to make Him the narrator in all of my stories about the Bible women. This was a new style I used that I had not experimented with before in the class.

Many of the stories I read that come across as successful are the ones that give pertinent details. Sometimes details are added that build the characters or plot that do not match the story. More details are usually always better than none, but sometimes they can clutter a story and hide the purpose behind the writing.


With my personal life, my fiancé and I started our second week of pre-marital counseling, which has been a great addition to my Thursdays. It makes me confident for our marriage that we have been so honest about our lives upfront that there is very little I feel uncomfortable talking to him about.

No comments:

Post a Comment